Wednesday, May 27, 2015

From drab to fab!

Crazy but I came across this post in the drafts section.  I have completed this project so long ago, I really couldn't tell you when it was.  With that being said, I will let you start reading ;)

Well, just like the song says, 'one thing leads to another.'  Yep, you know how it goes.  One project spurs another and another and another.  My dining room started off with this buffet.



Then, I acquired this beauty.


After painting this, there was no way I could keep my cream dining table.  I thought I would sell both my buffet and dining table and chairs.  I dragged out my hubby's grandfather's dining table from under my bed.  I know, not the usual place to store a table.  The story behind the table is hubby's grandfather dug it out of a dumpster and refinished it.  (A man after my own heart!)

I now had a replacement table but no chairs.  I know we don't usually entertain others but chairs do seem to be a necessity.  On the hunt I went!  I came across these four chairs for only $29!  Yes, you read that right.  I paid $29 for ALL four.  Talk about hitting the jackpot!




Okay, they are a lot on the drab side but I knew I could really spruce them up.  You cannot tell from the photo but I believe a dog used these chairs as a chew toy.  After much wood filling and sanding, I used the same paints as my china cabinet, ASCP Paris Gray and Pure White.  Did a little distressing.  Put new foam and fabric on the seats.  This is how it turned out.  You might notice that I also added the leaves to the table.  I really like how it has turned out.  I also picked up 2 parson chairs and made drop cloth slipcovers!  Are you ready to check them out?!  Hold on to your seats because I have taken tons of photos to share.  I was playing with my new wide angle camera lens.  I will start with the chairs.





Now to show you it all put together.






Drop in and let me know how it looks.  It will be changing soon due to something I have up my sleeve!  Be sure to check back!

Linking to:

Savvy Southern Style



1 comment:

I would really enjoy knowing what you think. I love getting your comments!

Followers

Search This Blog